SIGHTRON HONG KONG LIMITED (the ” Company ” ) recognizes that the proper management of personal information is very important. Personal information will be handled in the following manner:
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will acquire in a fair and lawful manner, only such personal information as is necessary, and will ensure that the use of such information is restricted.
2. Personal Information Use
Personal information acquired by the Company may be used in the following ways:
- to provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution (Personal information includes such information necessary to understand the requirements of the customer such as a customer’s purchase history and repair history)
- to enable response to customer requests including customer inquiry history (including the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving the Company’s responsiveness)
- as a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of the SIGHTRON HONG KONG LIMITED(This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer’s inquiry history)
- to offer product information, company information, service information, and other related information of the SIGHTRON HONG KONG LTD. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine.
- to notify a prizewinner or send a prize, or for the purpose of other communication with the person in question
- to verify participants in exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event
- to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners.
- as defined by Personal Data Protection Law and other applicable laws and regulations
The acquired personal information may, provided that particular individuals cannot be identified, be processed and used as statistical data.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Provision of Personal Information to Third PartiesAcquired personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except as listed below:
with prior consent
where authorized by Personal Data Protection Law or any other relevant laws and regulations.
- Provision of Personal Information to Sub-contractorsAcquired personal information may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. e.g. When the Company sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and the Company shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the personal information by the third party.
4. Proper Management of Personal Information
All necessary and appropriate security measures will be taken to prevent the acquired personal information from being leaked, lost or damaged, and to secure the safety of the personal information in accordance with the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy and other company rules related to information management. The Company will also offer all training necessary to ensure the proper handling of information to its directors, employees, and other related personnel.
The Company will comply with privacy protection-related Japanese laws and regulations, and will review and improve the contents of this document to strive constantly towards better privacy protection.